Norton Customer Service | Norton Support Number | 844-892-4680
Causes, Symptoms and Solution to Norton Internet Security Error 5013
5013, 3 error may appear during installation of a program on system having Norton Internet Security active on it or during shutdown or startup of window. It can even occur during installation of operating system as well. It is important for you to keep track of when and where this error occurred. The information will prove helpful at the time of troubleshooting.
- Crashes active program
- PC crashes many times
- Error 5013, 3 appears on screen.
- Error 5013, 3 appears in the center of the screen
- Windows start running sluggishly and very slow response to Keyboard and mouse
- Computer freezes for a few seconds too often
Causes of Error 5013,3
- Incomplete installation, or corrupt download of Norton Internet security
- Corruption in Registry during installation or uninstallation
- Malware or virus infection may have corrupted Norton security related files or Windows Files.
- Norton Internet Security- files deleted mistakenly or maliciously
How To prevent Error 5013,3
- Troubleshoot possible causes to prevent error recurring
- Scan your system for possible errors
How To fix Error 5013, 3 By Troubleshooting
Error 5013, 3 can be fixed through Troubleshooting. The steps are given below
- Repair the Registry Entries
- Clean out Junk with the help of Disk Cleanup
- Download Norton Repair & Remove Tool (Norton Power Eraser).
- Run Power Eraser by double-click on NPE.exe file.
- Read & Accept the license agreement
- Now once Norton Power Eraser opened, click Scan for Risks icon.
- Performs a Rootkit scan & Restart. Its an default option & requires Pc Restart. If you don’t want this option you can disable it from settings.
- After restart follow onscreen instructions.
- Start your Norton product >>Under Quick Controls>> check Norton Tamper Protection>>Click Close.
- Open the Run dialog box & Press “Windows + R” keys & type “services.ms” & Press Enter.
- Open Services window & under the Name column, locate, and double-click Base Filtering Engine.
- Check if service is not started automatically set to automatically & should be in started mode.
- After this setup click ok & restart PC. Now last step is to follow below mentioned method.
The fix tool is not compatible with All Windows users so if you need to contact Norton Support call @844-892-4680
- Download the Norton fix tool.
- Run exex by double-click the BaseFilterEngineFix.exe file.
- Accept the Usage Agreement. If required install .NET Framework 3.5.
- In the Base Filter Engine Repair window, click Apply Fix.
- The fix tool repairs the appropriate Base Filter Engine registry keys.
- Click Restart Now.