Norton Customer Service | Norton Support Number | 844-892-4680
How to Prevent Error: “Another version of a Norton or Symantec product has been detected on this computer…”
The Error: “Another version of a Norton or Symantec product has been detected on this computer…” occurs when there is already a Norton product installed on your system and you are trying to install one more Symantec product on it. Suppose your computer is a part of a business network and your administrator has already installed Symantec Endpoint Protection or Symantec Client Security and now you are trying to install your own. You have to first seek permission of your Administrator to install the new Norton product on your computer. If a Norton product is installed on your personal computer, then you will have to uninstall current Norton product to install a new one on it.
Option No. 1
Uninstall Norton Product
The procedure to Uninstall Norton Product is as follows:
- Uninstall your Norton product
- Now press Windows + R, Run dialogue box will open on your screen
- Type appwiz.cpl and click on enter
- A list of recently installed programs will be visible on your screen, Select Norton product and click on Uninstall or Remove.
- Once the Uninstallation finishes, restart your system
- Reinstall the software.
Option No. 2
Install Norton Remove and Norton Reinstall tools
- Install Norton Remove and Norton reinstall tools on your system
- A user who has got the Norton product from the service provider need to skip the first step of the option No. 2.
- On desktop, double-click on the NRnR icon
- Read the license agreement carefully and then click on Agree
- Click on Remove and click on Restart to reinstall the Software
- The instructions are given on the screen, follow them to reinstall your product.